Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year = New Blog!

Welcome to my brand spanking NEW space in the blog-o-sphere! Life has changed so much for me since I first became a blogger in 2007(Highheels and Hairbows), so I decided it was time for a fresh start in the blog world! Don'tcha just love a fresh start?? I sure do! I feel like a nerdy kid with a fresh clean note book to write in :).

So to get this party started, I have decided to share my goals for this new year...while I know that such a list is totally cliche, I felt compelled to share because these goals will DEFINITELY be the main focus of topics on this blog this year.

1. Lose 100lbs---yep your eyes read that correctly....100lbs! I actually started this endeavor on December 1st, 2011 and to date I have lost 29lbs!! Woop Woop!

2. Actually finish the Couch to 5K program AND run in a REAL 5k! -currently on week 2!

3. Become debt FREE! -a goal my husband and I are working towards together

4. Read more and watch less TV-currently on my 2nd book of the year!

5. Become more intentional in my parenting-I am REALLY focused on having set plans on how my husband and I will raise our children from a biblical perspective.

6. Gain a deeper understanding and knowledge of God's word

7. Research and develop an action plan for Homeschooling my daughter in the fall

8. Expand my business or start a new bigger business with my mom

9. Join the choir and possibly the praise team at church-I was a part of the youth praise team at church all 4 years of high school and walked away from this ministry after being "burned" my senior year. I have prayed about it and feel God calling me back into this ministry.

10. Become a better "housekeeper"-not gonna lie..if I was rich, I would have a maid...I'm not so great at keeping our house spotless or the laundry cleaned and put away...but I'm gonna work on that...maybe a schedule of some sort would help?

So...there you have it! God is REALLY up to some GREAT things in my life and I cannot wait to share with you all the details along the way!

What are some of your goals for this year? I would love to hear from you and pray for you as you work toward your goals!

Happy 2012!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging again! I've missed you! I didn't know you were homeschooling - we are too! So excited. I have a homeschooling blog where I'm accumulating ideas, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad to see you blogging again regularly. Can't wait to see what all you have to say this year.

    ReplyDelete